Our experience covers the following areas:
- Policy development (at central bank, industry association and financial institution levels) in areas such as payment strategy development, operations risk mitigation, fraud prevention, bank supervision and national legislation
- External Consultant & Advisors - various advisory roles on bank and bank systems to central banks, banking associations and financial institutions.
- RTGS design, development and implementation (at central bank and financial institution level)
- SWIFT expertise in interfacing design, usage, CUG development and implementation
- Education & training of bank staff in all payments, risk and operations aspects
- SWIFT operational expertise
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation at a bank operations level
- All issues relating to Fraud awareness and Fraud prevention
- Bank product design and development including legal aspects, document design, establishment of procedures
- Operations management – branch operations management, electronic banking operations management, international trade finance (import-export)
- Education & training of bank staff in all aspects of payments, operations, operations risk and fraud.
- Banking software design, development and implementation (both in “in-house” and at commercial software firms). This includes payment systems, trade finance, commercial RTGS systems, wholesale and retail payments and e-commerce.
- Business Analysis - business/systems analysis, writing functional specifications, quality assurance and the reengineering of payments procedures and internal business practices.
- Education & training of bank staff in all aspects of specific software
- Project management – project management roles
- Systems implementation & implementation engineering
Citadel Advantage has extensive banking experience in a number of different countries:
- Africa: South Africa, Botswana, Malawi, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho
- Asia: China, Kazakhstan, Singapore.
- Europe: France, Denmark, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
- Middle East: Bahrain, Israel
- North America: USA, Canada, Bermuda
Company Director & Principal Associate
Stanley holds a Masters degree in Economics and a BCom degree in Accounting from a major South African University. He has 44 years of banking and IT experience, 33 of which were with a major South African Bank. He has extensive exposure to banking practice and banking operations in South Africa, Israel, the USA, Europe and Australia which includes the role of advisor to a number of central banks on payment system, payments policy and payments risk issues and as a payment systems consultant to a global payments software developer.
His experience includes an industry level role in South Africa during the 1990s where he held several key positions which included that of Chairman: Risk Committee – Payments Association of South Africa and the Vice Chairman – ERAG (Electronic Risk Assessment) Group – Clearing Bankers Association. He has also served as a Board Member of the Bankserv Electronic Funds Clearing Services (Johannesburg, South Africa) and a Member of Strategy Team of the South African Reserve Bank’s “National Payments System Steering Group” that led to the development of the South African RTGS system.
More recently as an Advisor to a central bank on RTGS, Payment Systems Reform and Continuous Linked Settlement Projects he was involved in setting up the original project as well as providing inputs into various specialized aspects such as (1) other payment & settlement systems, (2) securities settlements (3) risk issues, (4) legal, supervisory, oversight and regulatory issues, (5) RTGS business model, (6) RFP development, and (7) Project Management, (8) Operational and Risk Management Procedures. Specific specialist areas handled include RTGS System Design, Risk Assessment and Legal & Oversight issues.
Company Director & Principal Associate
Richard holds a B.S. in International Business Administration from a leading California University. His professional experience spans 21 years, 5 of which were spent with a leading U.S. Bank. Another 5 were spent honing his global banking expertise, involved with Trade Finance and cross border banking. 10 years have been in the Private and High-tech sectors providing high-level consulting services, business analysis, project management and training to a wide banking clientele spanning the globe.
More recently as an Advisor to a central bank on RTGS, Payment Systems Reform and Continuous Linked Settlement Projects he was involved in setting up the original project as well as providing inputs into various specialized aspects such as (1) other payment & settlement systems, (2) securities settlements (3) technology, (4) RFI product analysis (5) RTGS business model, (6) RFP development, (7) system testing, (8) operations and (9) Project Management. Specific specialist areas handled include RTGS System Design, Technology Risk Assessment, Complete design and execution of functionality tests and follow through leading to successful user acceptance testing, and system communications & SWIFT.
He has spent extensive time with a diversity of “financial institutional” clients in South Africa, Poland, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands, Greece, Bermuda, Israel, Malawi, United Kingdom, North America and many other countries. Richard has filled the role of advisor to central banks on payment systems and technical payments issues.
A sample of the banks represented by attendees in our courses
ABN Amro International
ABSA South Africa
Banca Comerciale Romania Romania
Banca Romanesca Romania
Bank Dhofar Oman
Central Bank Bank of England United Kingdom
Central Bank Bank Indonesia Indonesia
Central Bank Bank of Ireland Ireland
Central Bank Bank of Portugal Portugal
Barcalys Bank International
Capitec Bank South Africa
Central Bank Central Bank of Kuwait Kuwait
Central Bank De Nederlandsche Bank Netherlands
Export Development Bank of Egypt Egypt
First Rand Bank South Africa
Imperial Bank South Africa
Investcorp Bank Bahrain
Kaupthing Bank Luxembourg
MKB Bank Hungary
Central Bank National Bank of Denmark Denmark
Nedbank South Africa
Porsche Bank Romania
Qatar Islamic Bank Qatar
Qatar National Bank Qatar
Rand Merchat Bank South Africa
Rennies Bank South Africa
Saudi French Bank Saudi Arabia
Central Bank South African Reserve Bank South Africa
MKB Bank Hungary
Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa S.A. Poland
Deutsche Bank International
HBOS United Kingdom
Stanbic Bank Botswana
Standard Bank of South Africa South Africa
A partial list of our partners and clients
Eureka Financial London, Middle East &
Marcus Evans United Kingdom
Ethan Hathaway Hong Kong
Bidfreight Port Operations South Africa
National Bank of Malawi Malawi
Danske Bank Denmark